Take Action 5 Things Healthcare Providers Can Do Today
- Act Now: Early detection and early intervention can prevent traumatic stress for kids. Learn more about adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and how to support families.
- Support the Whole Family: Look after caregivers as well as kids. Take a two-generation approach in your practice by working with children and the adults in their lives simultaneously for their physical, emotional, and economic well-being.
- Fight Racial Injustice: Take action to end racism by joining a racial justice action group.
- Stay Connected: Use telehealth visits to maintain trauma-informed connections with patients during the pandemic.
- Take Care of Yourself: Prioritize yourself so you can continue to take care of others. Check out these guides for healthcare providers from the American Medical Association and California’s Surgeon General.
If you or someone you know needs mental health support, call CalHOPE: (833) 317-HOPE (4673)