Take Action 5 Things Educators Can Do Today
- Help Kids to Heal: Build kids’ resilience by celebrating their strengths and talents, comforting, listening and inspiring them through these everyday gestures.
- Support Your School: Help your school become a trauma-informed environment that addresses the needs of students, staff, administrators, and families.
- Practice Mindfulness: Practice simple breathing and visualization activities with students to find calm and connection.
- Fight Racial Injustice: Give kids resources and a way to talk about racism using lesson plans and strategies to generate meaningful conversations.
- Take Care of Yourself: Find tips on self-care and building educator resilience.
If you want to learn more about advocating for community support for mental health, physical health and well-being on behalf of the families in your school community, check out Children NOW.